Academic Services – Employment
Undergraduate Peer Tutor
A High Point University professors’ recommendation in the subject(s) you wish to tutor.
3.0 GPA or higher in major.
A grade of “A” or “A-” received in tutoring discipline.
3.0 cumulative GPA or higher.
Good overall standing in the High Point University community.
- Sign up and attend tutor training seminars (10 per semester)
- Hold at least one (1) office hour weekly in Academic Services
- Schedule and keep individual tutoring appointments
- Give 100% to each tutoring session
- Evaluate your experiences at the end of the semester
Stipend: $7.25 and up (dependent on CRLA certification level)
Contact: If you are interested in joining the tutoring program, please contact Dr. Craig Curty, Director, at email@example.com.
Application: Stop by 4th floor of Smith Library for an application.
Supplemental Instruction Leaders
Supplemental Instruction leaders are tutors who have been deemed course competent, approved by the course instructor, takes notes, reads all assigned materials, attends every class, conducts SI study sessions, has at least a 3.0 overall GPA, made an “A” or “A-” in the class they are to SI in, and are participating in or certified at Level I Tutor Training as per the requirements of the College Reading & Learning Association (CRLA).
SI Leaders are paid $7.25 an hour to sit in the classroom and study sessions are paid at the SI Leaders level of CRLA certification.
For more information on the SI program, please contact Dr. Craig Curty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements: This is a Work Study Position, open to all W/S students. Students who use up their W/S allotment may complete the semester.
Returning students must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA; Incoming Freshmen must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Sign up for a weekly schedule and make it a priority
- Have a positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Maintain professional atmosphere while performing routine clerical duties including student sign-in on GradesFirst
Stipend: College Work Study/Minimum Wage