State Authorization

As an institution that offers distance education opportunities, High Point University is required to provide both prospective and enrolled students with contact information for filing complaints with the institution, with our regional accrediting agency, and with the appropriate state agencies. This information is presented below.

High Point University Student Grievance Procedures

The basis for a student’s complaint may be that an act or situation is objectionable in the view of the student. High Point University provides a process for student complaints to be addressed.

The High Point University Procedure for Student Complaints governs complaints the student puts in writing and submits to a University official. This Procedure applies to all students, undergraduate and graduate. This Procedure ensures timely, fair and efficient resolutions with the maintenance of individual privacy and confidentiality. This Procedure cannot be used to challenge the finding of the Executive committee of the Faculty, a standing committee whose decision is final.

Informal Resolution of Complaint

Discussion, in many instances, can resolve a complaint. The student is encouraged to bring a problem to the person who has responsibility for the objectionable action or situation. This is merely an option for the student and it has no bearing on the student seeking a formal solution to the problem through the involvement of University officials.

Formal Resolution of a Complaint

When students seek the formal intervention of University officials, they must submit a written complaint to the Mr. Scott Wojciechowski, Assistant Vice President for Student Life, 3rd Floor, Slane University Center, 336-841-9231, Because a student complaint can touch any aspect of the University, the Dean of Students is the appointed University official to guide all written student complaints.

High Point University Student Complaint Form

Regional Accreditation Grievance Procedures

High Point University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of High Point University.

View the SACSCOC website

SACSCOC Student Complaint Policy and Procedures 

SARA North Carolina and Other State Entities

High Point University is an active participant in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) administered by SARA North Carolina. Students may file a complaint via the process and form established by SARA North Carolina at P.O. Box 14103, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709 or by phone at (919) 549-8614, ext. 4667 and email at

In addition to the grievance procedures set forth by SARA North Carolina, students may a file a complaint with the state in which they are residing and receiving instruction provided by High Point University.

Complaints regarding the institution that cannot be resolved at the institutional level, particularly complaints regarding applicable state laws, may be directed to the Consumer Protection Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice using this form. Links to other complaint forms may be found here. Contact the Consumer Protection Division at: North Carolina Department of Justice Consumer Protection Division, 9001 Mail Service Center Raleigh, NC 27699-9001 or call 877-566-7226.

Professional Licensure Disclaimer Statement

NC-SARA does not deal with professional licensing board approval for any courses or programs leading to professional licensure. If you are not a resident of North Carolina and you are taking an online course or hybrid program leading to professional licensure, High Point University cannot guarantee whether the course or hybrid program meets requirements for professional licensure in your state. High Point University recommends that, prior to beginning your course of study, you contact the institution’s degree program to inquire about enrollment and professional licensure options. For questions about this disclaimer or further information about licensure, please contact the program director of the appropriate program.


Dr. Mariann Tillery;

Click here for state-by-state licensing board contact information.


Dr. Buddy Lingle;

Click here for state-by-state licensing board contact information.

Physical Therapy

Dr. Eric Hegedus

Click here for state-by-state licensing board contact information.

Physician Assistant Studies

Dr. Linda Sekhon;

Click here for state-by-state licensing board contact information.

HPU News

HPU Staff
HPU Announces New Hires in November
read more
HPU Poll: North Carolinians Uncertain About Taking COVID-19 Vaccine
read more
WGHP: HPU ‘Goes All Out’ for Annual Christmas Drive
read more
The PT Food Pantry: A Vital Place of Health
read more
HPU Poll: North Carolina Consumer Sentiment Remains Low Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
read more
View All