Alumni Success Series – Elyse Crenshaw

Alumni Success Stories

Hi friends! You asked for a Success Series post about a biology student, so I hope you enjoy! I have so much respect for our biology students. They attend so many different classes and labs during their four years here at High Point University. Meet Elyse Crenshaw, a 2013 graduate!

2“I have always had a love of animals, so when I attended High Point University I knew I wanted to major in biology. I enjoyed all the classes that I was required to take for my major, which included zoology, botany and ecology.

During my sophomore year, I knew I needed to start spending my summer breaks gaining experience so I could be a competitive applicant when I graduated. I sought out career services at HPU. They helped me set up a summer internship at Waxhaw Animal Hospital located in Charlotte, NC. After gaining experience there, I was able to volunteer at other animal hospitals in the Charlotte area where I learned many basic skills that I currently use at my job today.

After graduating in May 2013, I started my job as a veterinary technician at Banfield Pet Hospital located in the Blakeney area in Charlotte, NC. I feel that what I do on a daily basis is important since I am helping improve the health of pets and helping ease the lives of families. I enjoy what I do and I have a very caring and friendly staff that I look forward to seeing everyday!

High Point University helped prepare me for my career by providing professors who took their time to help me succeed and classes where I learned skills that I use on a daily basis. I miss my time at High Point University, but I am excited for my future with the career path I have chosen!”

Way to go, Elyse! Someone once said that if you do what you love, you’ll never work a day in your life. I think Elyse is a perfect example of that!
I just love these success stories! I hope you do too! :)