The Business Fellows Program provides students a four-year, experiential, team-based scholastic business experience with like-minded students. Working with a dedicated director, students are provided personal mentoring, networking travel and opportunities to learn about business careers and the ever-changing business world from scholars and practitioners. Students will engage in deep interactions with the business faculty from disciplines such as accounting, banking, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, project management, sales and supply chain and then have opportunities to see these how these disciplines are applied in real-world business applications. Business Fellows will also have priority access to High Point University’s Innovator in Residence and Entrepreneur in Residence – world leaders who have committed their time and expertise to help HPU students stand out in a crowded market.
Students in the Business Fellows Program have unique opportunities to:
- Complete core business classes as a cohort
- Live together in a living/learning community
- Engage with faculty members
- Have priority access to important business networking events
- Participate in the BB&T Leadership Certification program
- Receive a stipend for travel opportunities both in the U.S. and abroad to visit business leaders
- Compete in business competitions
- Participate in the Phillips School of Business Advisory Board
- Have specialized access to High Point University’s Innovator in Residence and Entrepreneur in Residence – the founders of Apple Computer and Netflix, respectively
Who Should Apply?
Successful applicants to the Business Fellows program will have a declared major in Accounting, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business, Marketing or Sales and have a track record of interest in studying business. Previous business courses, owning a business, participation in business competitions or conferences and other business-related experience will be an advantage for applicants. The program is highly selective and is limited to the top 100 incoming business students in each entering class.
How to Apply
To be considered for membership into the Business Fellows Program, you must first submit your High Point University undergraduate admissions application.
Then, please complete your Business Fellows application through Slideroom by February 1 for priority applicants, and by March 1 for all others.
Business Fellows receive a $3,000 scholarship renewable annually based on academic performance and continued participation in the program. This is in addition to any Presidential or High Point Scholarship. Fellows must meet GPA and professionalism requirements to be awarded continuation of their fellowship into the next academic year.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Dr. Oliver Stoutner
Assistant Professor of Management
Director of Business Fellows Program