Undergraduate Admissions
Experience HPU
Financial Aid
Academic Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Follow our Blog
Additional Resources

International Admissions

The High Point University student body currently represents 34 countries and 46 states. Historically, the university has enrolled students from 94 countries. We are proud of our diverse student population and we hope to share more about our university with you.

Application Instructions for International Students

  1. Complete and sign the application for admission including the required personal statement. The application for admission can be found online at
  2. Submit the nonrefundable $50 application fee.
  3. Ask your guidance or college counselor to send your official secondary school transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Your transcript must be translated into English and document your last four years of secondary school.
  4. If you have attended another college or university, then you must submit an official transcript from each of the colleges or universities that you have attended. Your transcript must be translated into English and course descriptions must be provided in order to receive transfer credit. High Point University recommends using World Education Services, Inc. (WES) to have your transcripts evaluated. The WES Web site is
  5. Request that the results of the SAT or ACT and TOEFL or IELTS be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. High Point’s code for SAT is 5293; for ACT the code is 3108.

Procedures to Follow for Securing Your I-20 and F-1 Visa

  1. After your admission has been approved, you will be asked to submit a $500 enrollment deposit.  This deposit may be paid with a credit card by logging in to your MyStuff account. The enrollment deposit must be received prior to the issuance of your I-20. Please follow other guidelines as notified for a smooth enrollment.
  2. Once your I-20 is processed it will be mailed to you. When you receive your I-20 it is very important that you follow the appropriate steps for having your F-1 student visa issued. To obtain your student visa, please follow the instructions on the following Web site: Student Visas
  3. We recommend allowing up to 60 days for obtaining the student visa (F-1) from the American Consulate in your home country.
  4. If you already hold a valid student visa, and if you are currently registered with another college or university in the United States, please notify your Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) at your home school to have your foreign student records in SEVIS transferred to High Point University.  If you hold a valid I-20, it is valid until you register at High Point University.

High Point University Links for International Student Services

  1. Certificate of Financial Support
  2. World Education Services
  3. IELTS

Links for Immigration Documents

  1. Student Exchange Visitor Information
  2. I-901 F-1 student application fee
  3. I-765 Document

Additional Links

  1. World Education Group: Study in America



The High Point Admissions Office is Located in Wrenn Hall.
833 Montlieu Ave
High Point, NC 27262

Tours are available 7 days a week. Please contact us to schedule your visit.
(800) 345-6993
(336) 841-9216
(336) 888-6382 (fax)
HPU Viewbook
Discover why HPU is an extraordinary learning environment!

Upcoming Admissions Events

    9.20 - 8:30am

    Fall Open House
    10.13 - 8:30am

    Fall Open House
View the Full Calendar
Connect with us
On the Social page, you can view all of High Point University’s social media feeds, connect to specific majors and schools on Facebook, and get the latest updates about what’s happening on campus.