Admissions International Admissions
High Point University is proud of its diverse student population. The university has enrolled students from 51 countries and 46 states. As an incoming international student, here is some information that you may find helpful when applying to High Point University.
Application Instructions for International Students
- Complete and sign the application for admission including the required personal statement. The application for admission can be found online at www.highpoint.edu/apply/ug.
- Submit the nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- Ask your guidance or college counselor to send your official secondary school transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Your transcript must be translated into English and document your last four years of secondary school.
- If you have attended another college or university, then you must submit an official transcript from each of the colleges or universities that you have attended. Your transcript must be translated into English and course descriptions must be provided in order to receive transfer credit. High Point University recommends using World Education Services, Inc. (WES) to have your transcripts evaluated. The WES Web site is www.wes.org.
- Request that the results of the SAT or ACT and TOEFL or IELTS be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. High Point’s code for SAT is 5293; for ACT the code is 3108.
Procedures to Follow for Securing Your I-20 and F-1 Visa
- After your admission has been approved, you will be asked to submit a $500 enrollment deposit. This deposit may be paid with a credit card by logging in to your MyStuff account. The enrollment deposit must be received prior to the issuance of your I-20. Please follow other guidelines as notified for a smooth enrollment.
- Once your I-20 is processed it will be mailed to you. When you receive your I-20 it is very important that you follow the appropriate steps for having your F-1 student visa issued. To obtain your student visa, please follow the instructions on the following Web site: Student Visas
- We recommend allowing up to 60 days for obtaining the student visa (F-1) from the American Consulate in your home country.
- If you already hold a valid student visa, and if you are currently registered with another college or university in the United States, please notify your Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) at your home school to have your foreign student records in SEVIS transferred to High Point University. If you hold a valid I-20, it is valid until you register at High Point University.