High Point University is located in North Carolina on the east coast of the United States. We are fortunate to be located in the city of High Point, a city of 100,000. High Point is a member of the Piedmont Triad, which is an area with a population of over 1.4 million people. Some of the national and global companies in the local area include AT&T, Bank of America, Citicards, FedEx, Honda Aircraft Company, Klaussner Furniture Industries, Krispy Kreme, Lincoln Financial Group, Mack Trucks, Polo Ralph Lauren Corporation, Proctor and Gamble, The Volvo Group, UPS and many others. North Carolina has a mild climate, allowing us to enjoy a few days of light snow in the winter, long fall and spring seasons and warm sunshine in the summer.
The High Point University student body currently represents 37 countries and 50 states. Historically, the university has enrolled students from 94 countries. We are proud of our diverse student population and we hope to share more about our university with you.
We are an official university partner of the Brazilian Science Mobility Program. The Brazil Scientific Mobility Program provides scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students from Brazil for study at colleges and universities in the United States. Scholarships are awarded to students in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields. After completion of an academic year, students return to Brazil to complete their degrees.
As an international university, High Point University values the representation of students from around the world as a part of our student body. International students with a 3.0 unweighted or higher GPA (when converted to a 4.0 American scale) will qualify for a minimum of $5,000 per year in merit scholarship (up to $20,000 over four years). Students who submit SAT or ACT scores may be considered for higher awards.
- Apply Online Today!
- Meet Your International Admissions Counselor
- International Admissions Application Requirements
- English Proficiency Requirements
- Early Decision (Priority 1, *BINDING): November 1
- Early Action (non-binding): November 15
- Early Decision II (Priority 2, *BINDING): February 1
- Regular Decision (Priority): February 1
- Regular Decision (Final): March 1
Information for International Enrollment
- How to Obtain F-1 Visa
- Student Exchange Visitor Information (SEVIS)
- 2017-2018 Certificate of Financial Support
- F-1 Visa Transfer Form
Important Links for International Students
- International Student Frequently Asked Questions
- Office of International Student Services
- ESL Options at HPU
- International Club
- International Recruitment Office – Beijing, China