The Natural Sciences Fellows Program will enrich the academic experiences of students who show exceptional promise by providing them with unique, personalized, professional development training that prepares them to be leaders in their field. Key elements of the program include one-on-one coaching on professionalism with award-winning faculty mentors, backstage access to networking opportunities with world-renowned scientific researchers, inventors and physicians, priority access to research opportunities within the natural sciences and leadership roles as peer mentors within their undergraduate programs and as innovators within the broader scientific community.
As a result of participation in this unique program, Natural Sciences Fellows will distinguish themselves from their peers as they enter the workforce or graduate/professional programs as poised, confident leaders who have mastered both the hard and soft skills that ensure success in their profession
Students in the Natural Science Fellows Program have unique opportunities to:
- Have backstage access to discussions with world-renowned scientists
- Receive personalized coaching from faculty in their discipline
- Participate in a living/learning community within our award-winning housing
- Travel together on a networking and professional development trip
- Plan and execute a STEM-related service learning project
- Travel together for a health-related service trip
- Participate in a year-long “Scientific Creativity and Innovation Project”
- Enter national collegiate inventors competition
- Personalized coaching for graduate school and professional interviews
- Receive funding for travel to scientific meetings and/or national competitions
Who Should Apply?
Successful applicants to the Natural Sciences Fellows program will have a declared major in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Neuroscience or Physics and have a track record of success in their studies of the natural sciences. Previous science-related experience will be an advantage for applicants. The program is highly selective and is limited to the top fifty incoming natural sciences students in each entering class.
How to Apply
To be considered for membership into the Natural Sciences Fellows Program, you must first submit your High Point University undergraduate admissions application.
Then, please complete your Natural Sciences Fellows application through Slideroom by February 1 for priority applicants and by March 1 for all others.
Natural Sciences Fellows will receive a $3,000 scholarship renewable annually based on academic performance and continued participation in the program. This is in addition to any Presidential or High Point Scholarship. Fellows must meet GPA and professionalism requirements to be awarded continuation of their fellowship into the next academic year.
For More Information, Please Contact:
Dr. Angela Bauer
Dean, Wanek School of Undergraduate Sciences
Director of Natural Sciences Fellows Program