Admissions Transfer Students
High Point University welcomes applications from students who are interested in transferring from both two and four year colleges and universities.
In order to be considered as a transfer student at High Point University, a minimum of 24 semester hours of transferable college-level credit must have been completed or be in the process of completion. Transfer students must be eligible to return to the previous institution attended. Admission for transfer students is competitive and is offered on a space available basis (priority consideration is given to freshmen). Admission to High Point University as a transfer student is based on a student’s high school record, SAT or ACT scores, final semester GPA, as well as the cumulative GPA. Once the student is admitted to the University, then a complete credit evaluation and degree audit will be completed.
If you are currently a high school senior and you have completed college-level coursework, you will be awarded the appropriate course credit provided you submit an official college transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Transfer Student Application Deadlines
|Fall Admission||June 1|
|Spring Admission||November 1|
Students seeking admission to High Point University as a transfer student may apply for admission after at least 24 semester hours of college-level coursework are completed or are in the process of completion, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Review of applications for the Fall 2013 semester begins January 15, 2013 with a final application deadline of June 1, 2013. Review of Spring 2014 applications begins September 15, 2013 with a final application deadline of November 1, 2013. Transfer applications will be considered on a space-available basis. Space in the transfer student class is limited, therefore it is recommended that students apply early.
Transfer Student Application Requirements
- Complete and submit the online application for admission including the required personal statement. The application for admission can be found online at: www.highpoint.edu/apply/ug
- Submit the nonrefundable $50 application fee. You will be required to use a credit card in order to pay the $50 application fee.
- Request that the high school from which you graduated, send an official copy of your final transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. This transcript must reflect that you satisfied the requirements to receive a high school diploma.
- Request that the results of either the SAT or the ACT be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The SAT school code for High Point University is 5293. The ACT code for High Point University is 3108.
- Request official college/university transcripts from every college/university you have attended be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Submit the Dean’s Release Form to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. This form is to be filled out by the Dean of Students or another appropriate official of the institution that you most recently attended. This form can be found on the online application or download it here: Deans Release Form
- Complete the CSS Profile and send the results to High Point University. The CSS Profile is available online at http://profileonline.collegeboard.com/prf/index.jsp
For those students who will transfer from a local North Carolina community college, please follow the link below to get a list of course equivalents. Please note that this is not a complete list and that there may be some courses for which you will earn credit that are not listed.