High Point University welcomes applications from students who are interested in transferring from both two and four year colleges and universities.
In order to be considered as a transfer student at High Point University, a minimum of 24 semester hours of transferable college-level credit must have been completed or be in the process of completion. Transfer students must be eligible to return to the previous institution attended. Admission for transfer students is competitive and is offered on a space available basis (priority consideration is given to freshmen). Admission to High Point University as a transfer student is based on a student’s high school record, SAT or ACT scores, final semester GPA, as well as the cumulative GPA. Once the student is admitted to the University, then a complete credit evaluation and degree audit will be completed.
If you are currently a high school senior and you have completed college-level coursework, you will be awarded the appropriate course credit provided you submit an official college transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Transfer Student Application Deadlines
|Fall Admission||July 1|
|Spring Admission||December 1|
Students seeking admission to High Point University as a transfer student may apply for admission after at least 24 semester hours of college-level coursework are completed or are in the process of completion, with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Transfer applications will be considered on a space-available basis. Space in the transfer student class is limited, therefore it is recommended that students apply early.
Transfer Student Application Requirements
- Complete and submit your application for admission and all required supporting application forms online at www.highpoint.edu/apply or commonapp.org.
- Ask your guidance or college counselor to send your official high school transcript to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or upload to the Common App.
- Request that the results of the SAT or ACT be sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- High Point University’s SAT code is 5293; the ACT code is 3108.
- Ask the Registrar at each of the colleges/universities that you attended to send official transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at High Point University.
- Give a copy of the College Report Form to the Dean of Students (or similar University official) at the college/university that you have most recently attended. The College Report Form can be found online at commonapp.org.
- Please provide one letter of recommendation.
Community College Course Equivalencies
For those students who will transfer from a local North Carolina community college, please follow the link below to get a list of course equivalents. Please note that this is not a complete list and that there may be some courses for which you will earn credit that are not listed.