School of Art & Design B.S. Home Furnishings – FAQs
B.S. Home Furnishings – FAQs
- Do I need to complete 2 applications, one for HPU and one for the Home Furnishings major? No. If a student is accepted to HPU, then they may begin taking classes in the major.
- Do we have internship opportunities? Yes. Our proximity to and relationship with the High Point Market provides many opportunities for students to acquire internships–many of which become jobs upon graduation.
- Can I major in Home Furnishings and minor in something else? If so, what can I minor in? Students have 24 free electives in the Home Furnishings major, which easily allows them to consider a minor, which is typically no more than 20 credit hours. Many of our students pursue business minors to supplement their degree.
- Do I need a recommendation letter? No.
- Are we given the opportunity of studying abroad? Programs across HPU, including those in Interior Design and Art, offer Maymester study abroad experiences. Students wishing to study for a full semester should consult with their advisor as soon as possible in order to identify the best time and location.
- Are we offered Scholarships? The Department of Home Furnishings and Interior Design has an extensive number of scholarships. See “Scholarships” in the menu.
- Can we be in the Honors program and the Home Furnishings Program simultaneously? Yes. Students may participate in the Honors Program while completing their Interior Design requirements.