Requirements for a Minor in Fashion Merchandising (20 credits)
Many of the courses listed below are only offered once per year and need to be taken in a specific sequence. Please see your advisor to plan out your schedule.
- FMD 1100. Introduction to Fashion Merchandising (4)
- FMD 2100. Social Constructs in Fashion (4)
- VMD 2230. History of Fashion & Visual Merchandising (4)
- VMD 2300. Materials and Textiles (2)
- VMD 4100. Merchandising Planning & Control (2)
- FPM 3650. Product Merchandising (4) OR
- MKT 3180. Marketing Communication (4)
NOTE: Visual Merchandising Design majors earning the FMD minor must take MKT 3180. In addition, 16 credits of coursework must be unique to the minor. Ask your advisor for appropriate substitutes.