Athletic Training Post-Admission Requirements
Prior to engaging in clinical education experience coursework students must submit the following information to the Program Director:
- Copies of current Professional Rescuer CPR Certifications (including Adult, Child, Infant CPR, Two-person CPR, bag-valve mask, and AED).
- Signed HPU Student Health HIPAA consent form. Effective starting during the 2011-12 admission cycle Student Health will verify that the following immunizations are complete in addition to the standard HPU immunization requirements.
- Completed Hepatitis B series
- Varicella vaccine or titer
- Meningococcal vaccine
- Evidence of a negative TB skin test within the past 12 months
- Tetanus shot within the last 10 years
- Students will be required to obtain a seasonal flu shot each fall semester.
- Students will be required to submit to a 10 panel urine drug screen prior to engaging in clinical experiences.
- Students will be required to undergo a criminal background check prior to engaging in clinical experiences.
- Signed verification from a physician that affirms the student has abilities to meet the ATEP’s Technical Standards for Admission. This will be performed via a chart review by Student Health Services and obtained by the Program Director. Students do not need to obtain this information on their own.
- Signed self-report verification that you are compliant with the ATEP Technical Standards Signed declaration of understanding and ability to meet ATEP’s Technical Standards for Admission.
- Signed declaration of understanding and acceptance of all Program Policies and Procedures as delineated in the ATEP Student Handbook.
- Signed Professional Conduct and Confidentiality Agreement located in the ATEP Student Handbook.