HPU Student Gains Perspective On Real World Thanks To Internship Experience

02.23.2009

HIGH POINT, N.C., Feb. 23, 2009 – Danielle Cunningham, a senior human relations major at High Point University, has really put her heart into her internship at the American Red Cross High Point-Thomasville chapter.

“As part of my internship, I am serving as a youth leader,” Cunningham says. “I help them create new ways to raise funds and serve the community. Currently, we are raising money to send our chapter to Orlando, Fla. for a youth leadership conference in April.”

And she says her experience with the non-profit agency will help her immensely in the future.

“This internship will help me with my major by exposing me to the world of non-profit organizations and helps to give me real-world experience on what it takes to be successful in the non-profit world.”

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in a fun environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with more than 3,400 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 50 countries and more than 40 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report No. 5 among comprehensive universities in the South and No. 1 in its category among up-and-coming schools. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 6 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” The university offers 66 undergraduate majors, 40 undergraduate minors and seven graduate-degree majors. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at www.highpoint.edu. Chris DudleyVice President for Administration336-841-4530cdudley@highpoint.edu

13

08

Todd Drake
    HPU to Host Human Rights Photographer Todd Drake
    HPU Theatre On the Verge Poster
    Theatre to Perform ‘On the Verge’
    Rich Davis photo 8.18.2014
    Alumnus Rich Davis Finds Success in Politics