HPU Student Gains Perspective On Real World Thanks To Internship Experience

Posted on February 23, 2009.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Feb. 23, 2009 – Danielle Cunningham, a senior human relations major at High Point University, has really put her heart into her internship at the American Red Cross High Point-Thomasville chapter.

“As part of my internship, I am serving as a youth leader,” Cunningham says. “I help them create new ways to raise funds and serve the community. Currently, we are raising money to send our chapter to Orlando, Fla. for a youth leadership conference in April.”

And she says her experience with the non-profit agency will help her immensely in the future.

“This internship will help me with my major by exposing me to the world of non-profit organizations and helps to give me real-world experience on what it takes to be successful in the non-profit world.”

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in a fun environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with more than 3,400 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 50 countries and more than 40 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report No. 5 among comprehensive universities in the South and No. 1 in its category among up-and-coming schools. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 6 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” The university offers 66 undergraduate majors, 40 undergraduate minors and seven graduate-degree majors. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at www.highpoint.edu. Chris DudleyVice President for Administration336-841-4530cdudley@highpoint.edu

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant