HPU Student Gains Valuable Experience Through West End Ministries Internship

02.25.2009

HIGH POINT, N.C., Feb. 25, 2009 – Mae Norman, a senior business administration major at High Point University, is gaining experience and insight into the operations of the nonprofit sector by interning for West End Ministries, an organization focused on improving the West End of High Point.

Norman is responsible for creating the company’s annual report for 2008 – a task that she says has been both challenging and educational. She also assists West End by writing grants and planning social events to honor volunteers and community partners.

“This internship will help me in my major because I am working in a business environment,” Norman says. “I have learned how to communicate with others and be responsible for deadlines and the work that I am accomplishing.”

In addition to gaining valuable career experience, Norman also hopes that her work is benefiting the High Point community.

“I have enjoyed working with everyone at West End so far and have learned so much about the function and organization of nonprofits,” she said. “I hope that the work I do at West End will benefit and impact the lives of others.”

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in a fun environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with more than 3,400 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 50 countries and more than 40 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report No. 5 among comprehensive universities in the South and No. 1 in its category among up-and-coming schools. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 6 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” The university offers 66 undergraduate majors, 40 undergraduate minors and seven graduate-degree majors. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at www.highpoint.edu. Chris DudleyVice President for Administration336-841-4530cdudley@highpoint.edu

Sep
      20

13

WindSync
    HPU to Host Community Concert by WindSync Quintet
    Bob Rathbun
    Sportscaster Bob Rathbun to Visit HPU
    Broyhill at HPU 1
    Senator James Broyhill Shares Stories of Capitol Building