HPU Junior Interns With Pittsburgh Today Live

09.15.2009

HIGH POINT, N.C., Sept. 15, 2009 – Jourdan Cable, a junior majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing, spent her summer behind the camera thanks to an internship with Pittsburgh Today Live on KDKA-TV.

During the internship, Cable was responsible for preparing the green room, escorting and interacting with guests, finding and booking people to appear on the show, writing segments for the show, going on-location with reporters, and even doing interviews and going on TV.

“I was really excited to have such a great internship,” Cable says. “KDKA-TV is in the Top 25 market. The interview process was very challenging. … I had a huge packet of materials I needed to take to three interviews.”

Cable says she learned a great deal during her eventful internship.

“I had a lot of cool experiences while working on Pittsburgh Today Live. Some of my favorite experiences dealt with going on-location to different places,” Cable says. “I got to go to the Pittsburgh Zoo and interview a zookeeper and interact with animals. During our travel week, I got to kayak around the rivers of Pittsburgh while I interviewed someone for a segment. My favorite thing was shadowing a sports reporter at a Pittsburgh Penguins game on their quest to win the Stanley Cup.”

Cable hopes to become a news anchor or a sports reporter.

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in a fun environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with 3,700 undergraduate and graduate students from 50 countries and 44 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report No. 5 among comprehensive universities in the South and No. 1 in its category among up-and-coming schools. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 6 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” HPU was included in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” 2009 listings. The university offers 68 undergraduate majors, 40 undergraduate minors and seven graduate degree programs. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at http://www.highpoint.edu/. Chris DudleyVice President for Administration336-841-4530cdudley@highpoint.edu

13

08

HPU Theatre On the Verge Poster
    Theatre to Perform ‘On the Verge’
    Rich Davis photo 8.18.2014
    Alumnus Rich Davis Finds Success in Politics
    HPU Camp Out 1
    Students to Host Homelessness Awareness Campout and Car Show for Open Door Ministries