HPU Adjunct Instructor Named In 'Who's Who' Directory Of Leaders And Achievers

Posted on August 26, 2010.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 26, 2010 – Alexis Smith, adjunct instructor in the Phillips School of Business at High Point University, was recently nominated and accepted into the 2011 Who’s Who.

The Who’s Who is a directory of leaders and achievers from both the United States and around the world, from every significant field – including librarians, students, researchers, educators and more. Those included in the directory have been nominated.

Smith, who teaches economics at HPU, previously appeared in the directory in 2000 after winning a national teaching excellence award (NISOD).

“I was surprised to be nominated again,” Smith says. “It is nice that someone appreciated my teaching. It tells me that my hard work pays off in helping students grasp the material. My goal has always been to take concepts that might be difficult or theoretical and help students find practical applications for them so that transfer of learning is increased. I also love to learn new things, and I try to encourage my students to explore the wonders and seize the opportunities that education brings.”

Smith has taught as an adjunct instructor at HPU since 1994. She also serves as a staff hospital chaplain at Wesley Long Hospital in Greensboro.

For more information about the “Who’s Who” directory, visit www.marquiswhoswho.com.

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with over 4,200 undergraduate and graduate students from 51 countries and 46 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report at No. 3 among Regional Colleges in the South. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 7 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” Parade Magazine lists HPU in the top 26 private schools in the nation. The university offers 50 undergraduate majors, 42 undergraduate minors and seven graduate degree programs. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at http://www.highpoint.edu.

Chris Dudley

Vice President for Administration

336-841-4530; cdudley@highpoint.edu

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community