HPU Alumnus To Appear In Reality Television Show

08.9.2010

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 9, 2010 – John Taylor, a 2007 graduate of High Point University who earned a Master of Science degree in sports studies, will appear on a new reality television series that focuses on childhood obesity, and its effects on teens and their families.

The show, titled “Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back,” follows the lives of five teens at the Wellspring Academy, and documents their accomplishments and struggles as they learn how to live a healthy lifestyle.

“The show really looks at the way the students feel about themselves, the way the world perceives them, and the reasons why they chose to come to Wellspring in order to obtain a healthy and active lifestyle,” says Taylor.

Taylor, who has worked at the Wellspring Academy of the Carolinas since its inception in 2007, is an athletic trainer and a physical education teacher. The Wellspring Academies are the only boarding school in the world that exclusively serves obese students.

“My instructors at HPU were very supportive of my long-term career goals, and provided me with the education that has allowed me to help my students at Wellspring since we opened our school four years ago,” says Taylor. “I couldn?t be happier with the instruction I received at HPU, and as a direct consequence, I am now able to help prolong the number of healthy years that my students get to live.”

“Too Fat for 15: Fighting Back” is scheduled to debut on Monday, August 9 at 8 p.m. on the Style Network.

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with over 4,200 undergraduate and graduate students from 51 countries and 46 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report No. 5 among comprehensive universities in the South and No. 1 in its category among up-and-coming schools. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 6 percent among “America’s Best Colleges.” The university offers 50 undergraduate majors, 42 undergraduate minors and seven graduate degree programs. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at http://www.highpoint.edu/.

Chris Dudley

Vice President for Administration

336-841-4530 cdudley@highpoint.edu

Sep
      20

13

Piedmont Paint-Out
    HPU to Participate in ‘Piedmont Plein Air Paint Out’
    StephenLillie_BJs
    A Package Deal: HPU Senior Gets Corporate Career Experience at BJ’s Wholesale
    Candice Burrows
    Faculty Voice Recital To Be Held At HPU