Two Students Receive Prestigious Celia Moh Scholarship

06.7.2011

HIGH POINT, N.C., May 31, 2011 ? Rising seniors at High Point University Annie Beuker and Meaghan Wade have been selected to receive Celia Moh Scholarships for the upcoming 2011-2012 academic year. This extensive scholarship will pay for full tuition, room, board, books and fees for these outstanding students.

Beuker, a native of Grand Rapids, Mich., is majoring in interior design with a minor in Spanish. She is active on campus as a member of the Interiors and Home Furnishings Club and serves on the leadership team for College Life and Campaigners Bible Study. For the past three years, Beuker has worked at Century Furniture during the furniture markets as the showroom assistant. She also works on campus at the 1924 Prime Steakhouse.

?I am so grateful and feel so blessed to receive the Celia Moh Scholarship. Through this scholarship, I will be able to experience new opportunities and continue working towards my goals with interior design,? says Beuker. ?I am so appreciative for everything in my life and this scholarship allows me to pursue my professional interior design career.?

Wade, a native of Blacksburg, Va., is majoring in home furnishings with a double minor in history and art history. She serves on the Board of Stewards for the HPU Chapel and is the 2012 senior class president. She is a member of Kappa Delta sorority and Order of Omega Greek Honor Society, as well as a University Ambassador.

?Receiving this scholarship gives me the opportunity to continue to pursue my education goals at High Point University,? Wade says. ?I am honored that the scholarship committee chose me to continue the legacy of outstanding contributions to the furniture and design industry. I look forward to networking with other scholarship recipients in the future.?

The Celia Moh Scholarship was established in October 2001 by furniture industry entrepreneur Laurence Moh to honor his wife, Celia. The scholarship program, funded by Moh?s initial gift of $3 million, was established to provide full tuition scholarships for students whose academic endeavors would lead to careers in the home furnishings industry.

The application process requires candidates to complete an extensive questionnaire, write a personal essay, obtain instructors? recommendations, and provide a college transcript illustrating exceptional academic achievement. A scholarship committee comprised of notable home furnishings industry executives select the students from a highly competitive field of candidates.

At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. HPU, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with over 4,200 undergraduate and graduate students from 51 countries and 46 states at campuses in High Point and Winston-Salem. It is ranked by US News and World Report at No. 3 among Regional Colleges in the South. Forbes.com ranks HPU in the top 7 percent among ?America?s Best Colleges.? Parade Magazine lists HPU in the top 25 private schools in the nation. The university offers 50 undergraduate majors, 43 undergraduate minors and 14 graduate degree programs. It is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the Web at highpoint.edu.

# # #
Pam Haynes

Communication Specialist

336-841-9055

phaynes@highpoint.edu

08

22

WAGE Roundtable
    HPU to Host Roundtable Discussion with Women Leaders
    Etgar Keret
    HPU to Host Israeli Author Keret
    High Point University Professor Lisa Carnell
    Professor Is Program Co-Chair for Upcoming Math Conference