Students Give Thanks for Blessings through ‘The Gratitude Project’

11.21.2012

High Point University Gratitude Project Erin KarpovichHIGH POINT, N.C., Nov. 21, 2012 – High Point University students showed off their signs of thankfulness during “The Gratitude Project,” a way for them to document their blessings this Thanksgiving season.

This is the second year “The Gratitude Project” has made an appearance on campus and gave students an opportunity to reflect, appreciate and share their thankfulness for so many different things.

Students said they were thankful for “Our troops,” “Family and friends,” “The opportunities provided at HPU,” “Students and faculty,” “Every day I have the chance to be great,” and “I’m thankful that my HPU family cares about my home in New Jersey.”

“Especially in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, we are reminded of the importance of the people in our lives and the relative unimportance of the stuff,” says Lillian Bijl, sophomore international relations major. “I see small towns in Pennsylvania sending aid to coastal New Jersey to help with restoring the shore, and I’m thankful for selflessness. I see High Point University’s commitment to match dollar for dollar all of the money our students raise on campus, and I’m so incredibly thankful for the values-centered education we’re receiving here at HPU.”

Sep
      20

13

HPU students Nick Fisher and Sara Foster volunteer to unload the vehicle of a freshman and move items to their room.
    HPU Breaks Record with New Student Enrollment
    A Scott Berg and Karen Abbott
    Bestselling Authors Visit HPU for Bookmarks Festival, Phoenix Reading Series
    Sama and Catanzano
    HPU to Host Local Authors Sáma and Catanzano