Students Give Thanks for Blessings through ‘The Gratitude Project’

11.21.2012

High Point University Gratitude Project Erin KarpovichHIGH POINT, N.C., Nov. 21, 2012 – High Point University students showed off their signs of thankfulness during “The Gratitude Project,” a way for them to document their blessings this Thanksgiving season.

This is the second year “The Gratitude Project” has made an appearance on campus and gave students an opportunity to reflect, appreciate and share their thankfulness for so many different things.

Students said they were thankful for “Our troops,” “Family and friends,” “The opportunities provided at HPU,” “Students and faculty,” “Every day I have the chance to be great,” and “I’m thankful that my HPU family cares about my home in New Jersey.”

“Especially in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, we are reminded of the importance of the people in our lives and the relative unimportance of the stuff,” says Lillian Bijl, sophomore international relations major. “I see small towns in Pennsylvania sending aid to coastal New Jersey to help with restoring the shore, and I’m thankful for selflessness. I see High Point University’s commitment to match dollar for dollar all of the money our students raise on campus, and I’m so incredibly thankful for the values-centered education we’re receiving here at HPU.”

Jun
      20
      6.20

Early Registration
      Jul
      14
      7.14

Early Registration

Pictured from left to right are Dr. Dennis Carroll, provost; award recipients Matt Jakubowski, Ashley Prindle, Jenny Silk and Tyler Steelman; and Gail Tuttle, vice president for Student Life.
    Students Recognized for Exceptional Commitment to Academics and Community at Honors Day
    General Colin Powell
    General Colin L. Powell to Give HPU’s 90th Commencement Address
    Relay 01
    HPU Raises Thousands for Cancer Research Through ‘Relay For Life’