HIGH POINT, N.C., Dec. 20, 2012 – High Point University hosted a record number of 1,700 people on its campus on Dec. 19 during the first night of its Christmas Community event, which brought neighbors from all parts of High Point and the Piedmont Triad together. The event will continue from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. tonight and has been relocated to the University Center due to expected rain.
Inside the U.C., neighbors and community members are invited to enjoy campus decorations and Christmas lights, live carolers, hot chocolate, cookies and visits with Santa, who will offer a gift to each child. A complimentary photo of each child with Santa will also be provided. The event is free and open to the public.
Community choirs and musicians will be performing in the U.C. Cinema tonight. They include:
Thursday, Dec. 20
- 5 to 5:30 p.m. – HPU student pianist
- 5:30 to 6 p.m. – Northwood Elementary School Notables
- 6 to 6:45 p.m. – Christ United Methodist Church, Joyful Sounds band
- 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. – HPU student pianist
- 7:30 to 8 p.m. – New Beginnings Full Gospel Ministries
- 8 to 8:30 p.m. – HPU student pianist