Basketball Star Drafted By Harlem Globetrotters

06.25.2013

HPU High Point University Corey Law Dunk GlobetrottersHigh Point University’s Corey Law has been drafted by the world famous Harlem Globetrotters, the organization announced on Tuesday. Law competed in this year’s College Slam Dunk Championship after finishing his career as HPU’s second-leading rebounder in the Div. I era.

“It feels great to be drafted and have the Globetrotters want me to be a part of their team,” said Law. “As a kid, I always wanted to see them. I never got to see them in person but I watched them on TV. I thought the Globetrotters were magic. Now that I might have the chance to be part of it, it’s awesome.”

“I’ve been working out and keeping my options open,” said Law. “My agent has been talking to some teams overseas and now I might have this opportunity with the Globetrotters. I’m looking for the best opportunity.”

Along with Law, the Globetrotters also selected College Slam Dunk champ Doug Anderson of the University of Detroit, NAIA All-American Tyrone Davis of Northwood University (Fla.), WNBA player Brittney Griner and baseball great Mariano Rivera.

Law was the 2013 State Farm Dark Horse Dunker, selected by fans to become High Point University’s first-ever contestant in the College Slam Dunk Championship in Atlanta during the Final Four. Past Globetrotters draftees Jacob Tucker and James Justice followed similar paths as Dark Horse Dunkers.

Law completed his collegiate career in 2012-13, scoring 887 points (8.1 ppg) with 693 rebounds (6.4 per game) in his four seasons. Law’s 693 rebounds rank second on High Point’s NCAA Div. I rebounding list. He led High Point in rebounding three times. He has a 44-inch vertical leap.

Law is originally from Chesapeake, Va., and attended Deep Creek High School. He was an All-State selection and was named 2008 All-Tidewater Player of the Year and Southeastern District Player of the Year.

The Original Harlem Globetrotters are celebrating their 87th consecutive year, continuing a world famous tradition of ball handling wizardry, basketball artistry and one-of-a-kind family entertainment. The Globetrotters have performed in 122 countries and territories on six continents and the team was inducted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

08

22

HPU students Taylor Agapite and Jessie Hull hand out candy to trick-or-treaters from the Boys and Girls Club of Greater High Point.
HPU Students Host Trick-or-Treating Event for Local Children
Chander Whicker WBTV
Senior Interns With WBTV 3 News
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race