Junior Creates, Presents Portrait to NBA Star Dwyane Wade

Posted on June 25, 2013.

Brandon Hubschman and Dwayne WadeHIGH POINT, N.C., June 25, 2013 – Brandon Hubschman, a junior at High Point University, makes art personal by painting portraits of his role models and presenting them to the people who inspire him the most.

Hubschman, a Florida native, recently created a portrait of Dwyane Wade and presented it directly to the famed Miami Heat player during a basketball camp hosted by Wade.

“I’ve practiced art my entire life, especially painting,” says Brandon's Dwayne Wade PortraitHubschman, who is studying art and marketing. “I fell in love with portraits during my senior year of high school. Dwyane Wade, who is one of my idols and role models, published a book titled, ‘A Father First.’ I wanted to elaborate on that through a painting to display his dedication to both his family and basketball.”

Brandon's LeBron James Portrait“Meeting him was an amazing, once in a lifetime experience,” adds Hubschman. “To hand him something that I’m sure he’s received many times but was mine, unique and centered around his kids was a good feeling.”

This isn’t the first time Hubschman has created and presented Brandon Hubschman and Dr. Qubeinportraits of his heroes. As a lifelong Miami Heat fan, he also painted a portrait of LeBron James to commemorate the player’s first championship. He presented the portrait to James’ mother during a Miami Heat game.

But his first presentation occurred on the HPU campus when he painted a portrait of Dr. Nido Qubein, HPU president, and presented the gift to him.

“I loved presenting the portrait to Dr. Qubein so much that I decided I wanted to share that with as many people as I could.”

22

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline

HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”
HPU Holiday Choral Concert
Choirs to Perform Popular Holiday Concert