Richard Joins Counseling Services

Posted on:
John Richard 2

John RichardHIGH POINT, N.C., June 14, 2013 – The Office of Student Life at High Point University recently hired John Richard as a clinical counselor. Richard is responsible for providing counseling support and services to HPU students.

“I find that my greatest impacts occur when I am able to provide a safe, accepting and non-judgmental space for students,” says Richard. “HPU is likely the first new place most students are experiencing as they venture away from home, and I get to help them challenge and grow through the personal barriers standing in the way of their true goals – I find this hugely rewarding.”

Richard has previously worked in a private psychiatric hospital, a public elementary school and has provided mental health services in community and outpatient settings. He was awarded runner-up for “Case Manager of the Year” across the State of North Carolina in 2005.

Richard received a Bachelor of Arts in psychology from the University of Hartford, a Master of Science in computer science from Hartford Graduate Center and a Master of Arts in counseling from Appalachian State University.