Education Graduate Receives Position with NASA Space Camp

Posted on July 12, 2013.
HPU High Point University NASA

DeAngelo (in blue) with fighter jet pilot, Jill Long, who spoke to students in the Educator Academy Program.

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 12, 2013 – High Point University education graduate Katie DeAngelo is spending her summer training current teachers through the Educator Academy Program at NASA’s Space Camp.

As a teacher crew trainer, DeAngelo conducts professional development activities and guides teachers through various workshops designed to re-energize, excite and help teachers incorporate more math, science and technology across the curriculum.

DeAngelo attended one of NASA’s workshops earlier this summer along with a group of HPU education graduate students. The NASA instructors were so impressed with DeAngelo that they offered her the job.

“After being challenged through my courses at HPU, I felt comfortable challenging myself with this job opportunity,” says DeAngleo. “I learned leadership and team building skills from the School of Education that will be key to my success, and the success of my teams, throughout the summer.”

DeAngelo will return to HPU in the fall as a graduate student in the Masters of Education, Elementary STEM program.

Monica Johnson
HPU Graduate Publishes Research on Apologies and Forgiveness
Freshman Student Success
Students Collect 256 Pounds of Food for Children in the Triad
HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas