Graduate Publishes First Novel

Posted on July 8, 2013.
In: News

HIGH POINT, N.C., July 8, 2013 – High Point University graduate Alyssa Romeo, a current resident of High Point, has published her first novel, “The Wish.”

The novel follows American college student, Emilie Russo, during her time in Rome and what happens when she falls for a British actor studying at the same university.

Romeo credits the publication to her experiences at HPU, particularly to her semester studying abroad.

“I spent the spring semester of my junior year in Rome,” says Romeo. “About a year after graduation, I was able to put pen to paper, and write a full-length fictional novel inspired by my time abroad, a time that wouldn’t have been possible without my alma mater.”

“The Wish” is available as an e-book on Amazon and Barnes and Noble’s website.

Romeo graduated in 2011 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication. She says she hopes this is the first of many novels, with a sequel already in the works.

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community