Internship Puts Communication Major Behind-the-Scenes of Leading Radio Stations

07.1.2013

Blog 2 TaylorHIGH POINT, N.C., July 1, 2013 – Taylor Renwick, rising senior at High Point University, is learning the ins and outs of the entertainment industry through her internship at Clear Channel Communications this summer.

Renwick, a communication major, is assisting multiple radio stations by helping plan, promote, execute and evaluate events hosted by Clear Channel stations in Hartford, Conn. including Country 92.5, Kiss 95.7, 97.9 ESPN, KC 101.3, The River 105.9, Fox Sports 1410, 960 Fox News and 1300 ESPN Radio.

“During the events, I utilize social media; take photographs that promote brand awareness and a positive image; and I engage listeners by running contests, promotions and giveaways,” says Renwick. “This internship is clearing the path for me to make my first steps into the media and entertainment industry.”

Renwick says her experience at HPU prepared her to excel at Clear Channel Communications.

“I knew I would be right at home when one of the first things my boss said was, ‘If you’re early you’re on time; if you’re on time you’re late; and if you’re late you’re wasting time,’ says Renwick. “This was the second time I had heard this phrase. The first time came from High Point University President Nido Qubein.”

You can read more about Renwick’s experiences on the HPU Internship blog by clicking here: http://www.highpoint.edu/internshipblog/

Sep
      20

13

Sarah Houston
    Class of 2014 Profile: Sarah Houston Shines at Disney’s ESPN Complex
    Lane Anderson
    HPU to Host Authors for Discussion on Leadership
    roberts icon
    HPU to Test Sirens, Emergency Preparedness System