Junior Launches Future at PR Firm

07.24.2013

James CarrollHIGH POINT, N.C., July 24, 2013 – James Carroll, a rising junior at High Point University, is interacting with people from all over the world thanks to his internship with Hill and Knowlton Strategies, where he works as a fellow with the Global Talent team in Washington, D.C.

Hill and Knowlton Strategies, a global company with presence in 52 countries, keeps Carroll fascinated and eager to learn more.

“This internship is at one of the top public relations firms in the world; it has such a hard-working group of amazing people. I have already met many top people in the company who have taught me lessons I will carry for the rest of my career,” says Carroll. “I’m excited because this experience is teaching me about all the things that are involved in the PR business with first-hand experience that is unmatched.”

Carroll, a native of Falls Church, Va. who is majoring in strategic communication with a minor in sales, is responsible for a variety of tasks including working with various clients, helping develop press releases and creating media lists.

Carroll credits HPU, as well as leadership experiences from his fraternity, Pi Kappa Alpha, with his success at his internship.

“High Point University has enabled me to keep the pace with writing in the public relations world, and taught me how to talk to people with an open smile and know how to act in a business setting,” says Carroll. “If it wasn’t for the ideals I was taught at HPU, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”

08

22

Psychology, HPU, Relationship Research, Sadie Leder
    Professor Authors Chapter in New Book for Aspiring Psychology Professors
    Sharon Love
    HPU to Host Mother of Slain UVA Student for Domestic Violence Awareness Month
    Junior Michelle Palombi informs buyers about products at Designmaster Furniture during the fall High Point Market.
    Industry Exposé: Students Work at High Point Market