Junior Launches Future at PR Firm

Posted on July 24, 2013.

James CarrollHIGH POINT, N.C., July 24, 2013 – James Carroll, a rising junior at High Point University, is interacting with people from all over the world thanks to his internship with Hill and Knowlton Strategies, where he works as a fellow with the Global Talent team in Washington, D.C.

Hill and Knowlton Strategies, a global company with presence in 52 countries, keeps Carroll fascinated and eager to learn more.

“This internship is at one of the top public relations firms in the world; it has such a hard-working group of amazing people. I have already met many top people in the company who have taught me lessons I will carry for the rest of my career,” says Carroll. “I’m excited because this experience is teaching me about all the things that are involved in the PR business with first-hand experience that is unmatched.”

Carroll, a native of Falls Church, Va. who is majoring in strategic communication with a minor in sales, is responsible for a variety of tasks including working with various clients, helping develop press releases and creating media lists.

Carroll credits HPU, as well as leadership experiences from his fraternity, Pi Kappa Alpha, with his success at his internship.

“High Point University has enabled me to keep the pace with writing in the public relations world, and taught me how to talk to people with an open smile and know how to act in a business setting,” says Carroll. “If it wasn’t for the ideals I was taught at HPU, I wouldn’t be where I am today.”

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community