Rising Junior Interns at Top Public Relations Firm in New York City

07.18.2013

John CroppedHIGH POINT, N.C., July 18, 2013 – Rising junior John Marsicano is working with one of New York City’s top public relations firms this summer, The Morris+King Company.

Marsicano, a strategic communication major, is spending his second summer with the company, which represents companies and organizations including Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Where’s Waldo and SpinMedia.

He’s learning the ins and outs of creating public relations plans, compiling media lists and pitching stories for his clients to the media.

“Last year, one of my first pitches was actually picked up by Inc. Magazine,” says Marsicano. “Returning a second summer allowed me to surpass the usual orientation-type first week, and dive right back into account work and building on my public relations experience.”

Marsicano credits HPU’s Office of Career and Internship Services with helping him prepare for the application process and develop the confidence to pursue incredible opportunities.

“They went above and beyond to make certain I was comfortable enough to pursue any opportunity that came my way, and even met with me to polish my resume on a monthly basis.”

Marsicano is also gaining experiences few people will ever have, including attending “Internet Week,” which features some of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs.

“I was fortunate enough to be given week-long access to IWNY, where I was able to meet people like Joan Rivers, Fred Armisen, Randi Zuckerberg and Pete Cashmore, Founder and CEO of Mashable,” says Marsicano. “Cashmore even let me test out his Google Glass, which was incredible, considering only a couple thousand people, outside of Google, have been fortunate enough to try them out.”

08

22

HPU students Taylor Agapite and Jessie Hull hand out candy to trick-or-treaters from the Boys and Girls Club of Greater High Point.
HPU Students Host Trick-or-Treating Event for Local Children
Chander Whicker WBTV
Senior Interns With WBTV 3 News
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race