Rising Junior Launches Career with Internship at Mobile Application Studio

Posted on July 29, 2013.

SummerHIGH POINT, N.C., July 29, 2013 – Summer Tonsfeldt, a rising junior at High Point University and native of Scottsdale, Ariz., is busy downloading firsthand experience as part of her internship at Chaotic Moon Studios in Austin, Texas. Chaotic Moon is a mobile application development company that creates apps for companies including Disney, CBS, Fox, Marvel and American Idol.

Tonsfeldt, who is majoring in strategic communication with a minor in human relations, serves as an assistant to the chief creative officer at Chaotic Moon where she is responsible for a variety of tasks such as scheduling, managing expenses and assisting the art department. She also assists the company with its social media outlets.

“The culture of the company is simply amazing,” says Tonsfeldt. “I am able to sit in a variety of meetings, allowing me to see the brainstorming process that will ultimately turn into a final product for huge clients such as Disney.”

She attributes HPU with helping her gain knowledge and skills that are helpful in her internship.

“The students and staff of High Point University are truly inspiring and motivate me to prepare for and pursue my future career,” Tonsfeldt says. “The environment makes me realize that my professional opportunities are endless. The technology on campus is also top-quality and has allowed me to get a hands-on experience with the exact devices and programs that I use at my job.”

In the future, Tonsfeldt says she aspires to work in the entertainment business or at an ad agency.

“This internship has already opened my eyes to the endless opportunities of careers that interest me,” says Tonsfeldt. “Chaotic Moon has allowed me to work with technology, administrative tasks, finances, interior design and creative work – giving me a wide range of experience.”

22

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”