Rising Junior Launches Career with Internship at Mobile Application Studio

07.29.2013

SummerHIGH POINT, N.C., July 29, 2013 – Summer Tonsfeldt, a rising junior at High Point University and native of Scottsdale, Ariz., is busy downloading firsthand experience as part of her internship at Chaotic Moon Studios in Austin, Texas. Chaotic Moon is a mobile application development company that creates apps for companies including Disney, CBS, Fox, Marvel and American Idol.

Tonsfeldt, who is majoring in strategic communication with a minor in human relations, serves as an assistant to the chief creative officer at Chaotic Moon where she is responsible for a variety of tasks such as scheduling, managing expenses and assisting the art department. She also assists the company with its social media outlets.

“The culture of the company is simply amazing,” says Tonsfeldt. “I am able to sit in a variety of meetings, allowing me to see the brainstorming process that will ultimately turn into a final product for huge clients such as Disney.”

She attributes HPU with helping her gain knowledge and skills that are helpful in her internship.

“The students and staff of High Point University are truly inspiring and motivate me to prepare for and pursue my future career,” Tonsfeldt says. “The environment makes me realize that my professional opportunities are endless. The technology on campus is also top-quality and has allowed me to get a hands-on experience with the exact devices and programs that I use at my job.”

In the future, Tonsfeldt says she aspires to work in the entertainment business or at an ad agency.

“This internship has already opened my eyes to the endless opportunities of careers that interest me,” says Tonsfeldt. “Chaotic Moon has allowed me to work with technology, administrative tasks, finances, interior design and creative work – giving me a wide range of experience.”

Jun
      20
      6.20

Early Registration
      Jul
      14
      7.14

Early Registration

Tjai Nielsen
    Professor Publishes Two Research Articles in Management Theory Encyclopedia
    Easter Egg Hunt 1
    Board of Stewards Hosts Easter Party for West End Ministries
    Pictured from left to right are Dr. Dennis Carroll, provost; award recipients Matt Jakubowski, Ashley Prindle, Jenny Silk and Tyler Steelman; and Gail Tuttle, vice president for Student Life.
    Students Recognized for Exceptional Commitment to Academics and Community at Honors Day