Rising Junior Selected to Intern with Renowned Songwriter Charles Strouse

07.31.2013

Ashley S.HIGH POINT, N.C., July 31, 2013 – Ashley Siebeneichen, a rising junior at High Point University and native of Hagerstown, Md., is getting the chance to work with the world-renowned songwriter, Charles Strouse, as part of her summer internship in New York City. Strouse is a longstanding member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame and one of America’s most successful musical theatre composers.

Siebeneichen, who is majoring in music and theatre with a concentration in vocal performance, is assisting with the off-Broadway show, “How 2 B a New Yorker,” produced by Carolyn Rossi Copeland Productions – a company that serves as executive producer to works by Strouse. She is also serving as an assistant to Strouse by helping to convert handwritten music into music software, as well as sitting in on interviews and workshops.

She says she’s thrilled to have such an incredible opportunity, and has already had the chance to network and meet incredible people involved with New York theatre.

“I have grown up in the theater all of my life, and I have always known that I want to be a part of it somehow. As of right now, I am striving to be involved in the theatre in any way that I can, whether it’s behind the scenes or on stage,” Siebeneichen says. “This experience is opening my eyes up to everything that happens before the curtain can rise.”

08

22

Anne Davey NC Republican Party
Junior Interns with NC Republican Party
Briayna Cuffie at GCDP
Students Gain Experience at Guilford County Democratic Party
Pre-Law students at supreme court
Students Attend, Learn From Supreme Court Hearing