Rising Senior Works on Office Depot Campaigns During Summer Internship

07.5.2013

HPU High Point University Office DepotHIGH POINT, N.C., July 5, 2013 – Stephanie Schwartz, a communication major at High Point University, was recently hired as the Marketing Intern at Office Depot’s corporate headquarters in Boca Raton, Fla.

Schwartz is part of a team that focuses on marketing to students, parents and teachers. This summer, she will be working on the company’s Back-to-School campaign and will lead her team in developing the fourth quarter Holiday Strategy Plan. After one week, she was presenting proposals to the director of her team.

“My brief included information about holiday gifting, gift card giving and other pieces of facts and data that I was able to pull from our internal research system,” says Schwartz.

The rising senior says her experiences at HPU have helped her transition into the position smoothly.

“High Point helped me prepare for this internship by giving me exposure to real-life work environments,” says Schwartz. “The small size of High Point has also allowed me to grow into a leader on the campus, and I have felt very comfortable talking to my mentors and managers here and expressing my ideas.”

You can read more about Schwartz’s experiences at Office Depot on HPU’s Internship Blog by clicking here: http://www.highpoint.edu/internshipblog/

Jun
      20
      6.20

Early Registration
      Jul
      14
      7.14

Early Registration

Tjai Nielsen
    Professor Publishes Two Research Articles in Management Theory Encyclopedia
    Easter Egg Hunt 1
    Board of Stewards Hosts Easter Party for West End Ministries
    Pictured from left to right are Dr. Dennis Carroll, provost; award recipients Matt Jakubowski, Ashley Prindle, Jenny Silk and Tyler Steelman; and Gail Tuttle, vice president for Student Life.
    Students Recognized for Exceptional Commitment to Academics and Community at Honors Day