Rising Senior Works on Office Depot Campaigns During Summer Internship

Posted on July 5, 2013.

HPU High Point University Office DepotHIGH POINT, N.C., July 5, 2013 – Stephanie Schwartz, a communication major at High Point University, was recently hired as the Marketing Intern at Office Depot’s corporate headquarters in Boca Raton, Fla.

Schwartz is part of a team that focuses on marketing to students, parents and teachers. This summer, she will be working on the company’s Back-to-School campaign and will lead her team in developing the fourth quarter Holiday Strategy Plan. After one week, she was presenting proposals to the director of her team.

“My brief included information about holiday gifting, gift card giving and other pieces of facts and data that I was able to pull from our internal research system,” says Schwartz.

The rising senior says her experiences at HPU have helped her transition into the position smoothly.

“High Point helped me prepare for this internship by giving me exposure to real-life work environments,” says Schwartz. “The small size of High Point has also allowed me to grow into a leader on the campus, and I have felt very comfortable talking to my mentors and managers here and expressing my ideas.”

You can read more about Schwartz’s experiences at Office Depot on HPU’s Internship Blog by clicking here: http://www.highpoint.edu/internshipblog/

Monica Johnson
HPU Graduate Publishes Research on Apologies and Forgiveness
Freshman Student Success
Students Collect 256 Pounds of Food for Children in the Triad
HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas