Strategic Communication Major Interns at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

07.25.2013

6.19 AmyHIGH POINT, N.C., July 25, 2013 – High Point University senior Amy Stamm, from Poolesville, Md., says it was her writing abilities that helped secure her position as a communication intern at the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

“Writing is one of my passions, and I loved the opportunity to sell myself in my application essay as I would sell a story or product,” says Stamm.

Stamm, a strategic communication major, is primarily responsible for writing and pitching news releases about other interns to their hometown papers, some of which have already been picked up by reporters. She says she’s also learning about internal communications, media relations, crisis communications, advertising and marketing and dealing with film requests within the museum.

Stamm says one professor in particular helped her get to this point in her career.

“Professor Phil Watson has definitely been an inspiration in my academic career. I have learned so much in the various classes I’ve had with him and his endless encouragement and belief in my abilities has given me the confidence to apply for and feel comfortable at opportunities such as this one,” says Stamm.

To read more about Stamm’s experience and other HPU interns, you can read the Summer Internship Blog by clicking here: http://www.highpoint.edu/internshipblog/.

Sep
      20

13

Sarah Houston
    Class of 2014 Profile: Sarah Houston Shines at Disney’s ESPN Complex
    Lane Anderson
    HPU to Host Authors for Discussion on Leadership
    roberts icon
    HPU to Test Sirens, Emergency Preparedness System