Strategic Communication Major Interns at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

Posted on July 25, 2013.

6.19 AmyHIGH POINT, N.C., July 25, 2013 – High Point University senior Amy Stamm, from Poolesville, Md., says it was her writing abilities that helped secure her position as a communication intern at the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C.

“Writing is one of my passions, and I loved the opportunity to sell myself in my application essay as I would sell a story or product,” says Stamm.

Stamm, a strategic communication major, is primarily responsible for writing and pitching news releases about other interns to their hometown papers, some of which have already been picked up by reporters. She says she’s also learning about internal communications, media relations, crisis communications, advertising and marketing and dealing with film requests within the museum.

Stamm says one professor in particular helped her get to this point in her career.

“Professor Phil Watson has definitely been an inspiration in my academic career. I have learned so much in the various classes I’ve had with him and his endless encouragement and belief in my abilities has given me the confidence to apply for and feel comfortable at opportunities such as this one,” says Stamm.

To read more about Stamm’s experience and other HPU interns, you can read the Summer Internship Blog by clicking here: http://www.highpoint.edu/internshipblog/.

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”