Student Interns at National Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation

07.23.2013

Laura May internshipHIGH POINT, N.C., July 23, 2013 – Laura May, rising senior at High Point University and native of Sterling, Mass., is working at a national nonprofit organization this summer as outreach and development intern for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in Wellesley Hills, Mass.

May, a nonprofit management and leadership major with minors in human relations and entrepreneurship, has had the opportunity to help organize and attend various outreach events for the organization, including the Kids Walk Program and Gala.

“Interning at JDRF has provided me with opportunities to interact with families, donors and other constituents of a nonprofit organization. The broad range of tasks that I have been given have shown me that I truly love being involved in many different aspects of the organization,” she says.

May credits her professors in the Nonprofit Management and Leadership program for preparing her to manage large projects while maintaining a creative perspective.

“The real-life examples that have been taught in my classes parallel the situations that I have seen in my internship,” says May. “HPU has taught me how to communicate professionally; form and maintain relationships within the workplace; and how to apply the skills that I have learned.”

May says that this internship experience has further inspired her to join the nonprofit sector upon graduation.

“I have gained the knowledge that I need to be successful, an the experience to have a well-rounded resume upon graduation,” she says.

Apr
      17
      4.17

Spring Open House
      Jun
      20
      6.20

Early Registration

Relay 01
    HPU Raises Thousands for Cancer Research Through ‘Relay For Life’
    Charmaine Cadeau
    Professor to Headline ‘World Book Night’ Event
    HPU Civitan Club 2014
    Civitan Club Receives Three International Honors for Service