Graduate Launches Clothing Business in the Triad

Posted on August 21, 2013.
In: News

HIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 21, 2013 – High Point University graduate Kendall Lawson runs a Triad-based business with a greater purpose in mind. Lawson is the owner and CEO of Three Scooops beachwear.

Three Scooops was launched by Lawson in May of 2012 after he graduated with a business administration degree with a concentration in entrepreneurship from HPU. Three Scooops is a clothing line of unisex beachwear based off of comfort, style and relaxation. Lawson grew up on Virginia Beach and wanted to create clothing for people along the East Coast.

Keeping that in mind, Lawson works with other Triad companies to produce his clothing line, including Soccer Shop in Winston Salem and Signature Embroidery in High Point.

He says he never would have started his own company if it hadn’t been for HPU.

“Lou Anne Flanders Stec was my entrepreneurship professor,” says Lawson. “She taught me everything I needed to know from the basics of starting a business to finding the resources I needed to get it off the ground.”

Lawson also keeps HPU’s lesson of giving back at the top of his mind. Three Scooops regularly holds sales that benefit those in need. Recently, Lawson held a Fourth of July sale, and used the profits to buy and mail care packages to troops overseas. He’ll also be holding a Back-to-School and Christmas Drive to help support children in the Triad who can’t afford to buy school supplies, clothing or Christmas gifts.

“It feels good to give back,” says Lawson. “I come from a military family, and I’m very aware that there are children in my community that need my help. HPU always encouraged us to give back, be kind to everyone and take on life with a positive attitude. I took those lessons to heart and it feels good.”

Three Scooops also encourages everyone to “Go Green.” The company mascot, Parker, is made out of recycled cardboard and shows that nothing is wasted and everything serves a purpose. Lawson uses only biodegradable plastic in his packaging and mails all of his products in cardboard.

For more information on Three Scooops or to look at some of Lawson’s clothing line you can visit his website here: http://www.threescooops.com/.

This photo features faculty and staff from the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication with gifts donated for five families from the Hattie Lee Burgess home.
Qubein School of Communication Provides Christmas for Five Families
Norcross Gaduate School
Norcross Graduate School to Host Open House
Empathy Dinner 1
Fraternity Hosts Empathy Dinner