HPU Welcomes Newsom to Staff

Posted on August 29, 2013.
In: News

Mary NewsomeHIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 29, 2013 – High Point University recently hired Mary Katherine Newsome as an administrative assistant to the Modern Foreign Languages and Political Science Departments.

Newsome serves as office manager and assists in the day-to-day needs of her departments’ students, faculty and staff. She will also oversee the Research Administration and Sponsored Programs’ quarterly newsletter and supervise a team of student workers in the Modern Foreign Languages Department.

Newsome graduated from HPU in December of 2011 and is excited to return to her alma mater.

“I’m thrilled to return to the passionate, engaging and supportive High Point University community,” Newsome says. “It’s an honor and a joy to work alongside so many staff and faculty who inspired and motivated me as a student. Now, they continue to inspire and motivate me as an employee and continuing scholar. I take great pride in the opportunity I’ve been given to impact today’s students in a similar way, and thank the university for entrusting me with such a great responsibility.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”