HPU Welcomes Newsom to Staff

Posted on August 29, 2013.
In: News

Mary NewsomeHIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 29, 2013 – High Point University recently hired Mary Katherine Newsome as an administrative assistant to the Modern Foreign Languages and Political Science Departments.

Newsome serves as office manager and assists in the day-to-day needs of her departments’ students, faculty and staff. She will also oversee the Research Administration and Sponsored Programs’ quarterly newsletter and supervise a team of student workers in the Modern Foreign Languages Department.

Newsome graduated from HPU in December of 2011 and is excited to return to her alma mater.

“I’m thrilled to return to the passionate, engaging and supportive High Point University community,” Newsome says. “It’s an honor and a joy to work alongside so many staff and faculty who inspired and motivated me as a student. Now, they continue to inspire and motivate me as an employee and continuing scholar. I take great pride in the opportunity I’ve been given to impact today’s students in a similar way, and thank the university for entrusting me with such a great responsibility.”

Monica Johnson
HPU Graduate Publishes Research on Apologies and Forgiveness
Freshman Student Success
Students Collect 256 Pounds of Food for Children in the Triad
HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas