Senior Interns with Top Advertising Agency

Posted on August 17, 2013.

Cara Read InternshipHIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 16, 2013 – Cara Read, High Point University senior and Winston-Salem native, is interning at Mullen Advertising, one of the top advertising agencies in the country, this summer in the Public Relations and Social Influence department.

Mullen Advertising, which is currently on the Advertising Age Agency A-List, on Forbes’ list of Ten Great Ad Agencies of 2012, serves clients like Google, Adidas and National Geographic Channel. Read works in the agency’s Winston-Salem office.

“Every day at Mullen is different – which I love, but primarily I help develop social media content, write press releases and pitches, and assist with influencer relations for respective clients,” says Read. “Occasionally, I assist with research for new business opportunities, where I’ve applied skills learned in Dr. Virginia McDermott’s Applied Research Methods class.”

Read credits HPU for giving her opportunities to gain the experience and leadership skills to help her secure the position.

“The application process for Mullen’s internship program is highly competitive; the North Carolina office alone received over 400 applications. I think my past internship experiences really set me apart including my extensive participation in Public Relations Student Society of America, as well as many of my classes where I honed the skills needed for an internship of this caliber,” says Read. “In all, I think the environment at HPU prepares students for success. The atmosphere definitely makes for an easy transition from classroom to the workplace. Professionalism is engrained in us from day one.”

Monica Johnson
HPU Graduate Publishes Research on Apologies and Forgiveness
Freshman Student Success
Students Collect 256 Pounds of Food for Children in the Triad
HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas