Student Interns at Prominent Connecticut Law Firm

Posted on August 2, 2013.

CameronHIGH POINT, N.C., Aug. 2, 2013 – Rising High Point University junior Cameron Miller is making a case for his career this summer as an intern at Halloran & Sage, a large, multi-practice law firm with multiple offices throughout Connecticut and Washington, D.C.

As intern at the Westport, Conn. office, Miller, a business administration major from North Kingstown, R.I., has been afforded the unique opportunity of shadowing some of the state’s most prominent lawyers in the courtroom, the judge’s chambers and deposition meetings. In the office, Miller is responsible for researching past and present cases relating to the firm’s upcoming cases.

Miller says the first-hand experience will be invaluable in his future career. Upon graduation, he plans to attend law school and pursue a career in law, politics and business.

“The internship at Halloran & Sage is showing me just what being an attorney entails,” says Miller. “I have the opportunity this summer to make connections and network with very reputable professionals, which will benefit me greatly when I am ready to enter this field.”

According to Miller, the coursework he has completed at HPU prepared him immensely for the experience.

“My pre-law classes at HPU familiarized me with the rigors of reading long and complicated law briefs,” says Miller. “Also, just interacting in the campus environment has taught me how to properly communicate with business professionals in the real world.”

Montlieu Academy of Technology kindergartner Hezekiah shows off the ornament he and his book buddy, High Point University student Campbell Stewart, created for the HPU School of Education Festival Tree.
HPU Book Buddies Celebrate the Holidays
Winter Band Concert
Ensembles to Perform Winter Band Concert
Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature