Fraternity Awards ‘Men of Principle Scholarship’

Posted on October 8, 2013.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Oct. 8, 2013 – The men of Beta Theta Pi at High Point University recently awarded their “Men of Principle” scholarship to freshman Chris Stone.

The scholarship was established in 1999 for unaffiliated (non-Greek) men on campus who exemplify the values the fraternity holds dear, mutual assistance, intellectual growth, trust, integrity and responsible conduct.

HPU’s Betas say they chose Stone for his intellectual and philanthropic contributions to the community. He has proven to have excellent marketing abilities both in classes, and in national organizations, and helped to lead one of the nation’s top youth Relay for Life events.

“I am truly honored and grateful to be the recipient of the Beta Theta Pi Men of Principle Scholarship,” says Stone. “The life lessons I have gained through my community service and leadership development opportunities will serve me well and being recognized for doing what I love to do is amazing. I look forward to working hard at HPU, continuing my community service and making my school and community a better place for all. Most importantly, I hope to one day be in a position where I can sponsor a scholarship and help another student as Beta Theta Pi has helped me.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”