Senior Profile: Journalism Major Selected as Pulliam Fellow

Posted on February 20, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Feb. 20, 2014 – Henry Molski, a senior and journalism major at High Point University, was chosen for the highly selective Pulliam Fellowship at the Arizona Republic this summer.

The fellowship, viewed as one of the top learning opportunities in the industry, is offered to a select group of upper level journalism students from around the country to work for 10 weeks at one of two Gannett newspaper locations. The program polishes the students’ skills through coaching, mentoring, one-on-one editing and interactive seminars and workshops.

Molski will spend his fellowship working with the Arizona Republic, focusing on storytelling and feature writing.

“Receiving this fellowship is a culmination of every aspect of my education at High Point University,” says Molski. “All of the tools I acquired at HPU have me looking forward to producing professional content to a new and expansive audience. Without the help from my journalism professors, Dr. Hayes and Dr. Eltantawy, I would not be anywhere close to where I am today. My access to professionals inside and outside the classroom through my four years at HPU helped me to stand out as an applicant to this prestigious position.”

Last year, Molski was selected by the Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting to receive a stipend that allowed him to travel to and report from Scotland. One of his articles was later published in the Huffington Post. He also received the national Mark of Excellence award from the Society of Professional Journalists at their 2013 conference.

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community