Students Gain Experience at Greensboro Area Convention and Visitors Bureau

Greensboro Visitor's Center Interns

HIGH POINT, N.C., Feb. 13, 2014 – Three High Point University students are getting valuable work experience while interning with the Greensboro Area Convention and Visitors Bureau this spring.

Briayna Cuffie and Taylor Smith, juniors, and Natalie Noble, senior, are working in the bureau’s sales and service department, gaining experience in marketing and public relations.

“The semester just started and I’ve already done so much, from following up with businesses to make sure our message is getting to them, to learning how to make pitches to the media,” says Cuffie.

“This opportunity gives me hands-on experience and confidence that I will use after graduation to pursue my career in PR and marketing, and allows me to be involved in the community process,” says Smith.

“Having a background of working for an entire city from a marketing aspect and dealing with different types of events will prepare me for the workforce,” adds Noble. “I’m excited for this opportunity, and can’t wait to continue learning from it.”

All three students say they plan to launch careers in marketing or event planning after graduation.