Students Gain Experience at Greensboro Area Convention and Visitors Bureau

Posted on February 13, 2014.

HIGH POINT, N.C., Feb. 13, 2014 – Three High Point University students are getting valuable work experience while interning with the Greensboro Area Convention and Visitors Bureau this spring.

Briayna Cuffie and Taylor Smith, juniors, and Natalie Noble, senior, are working in the bureau’s sales and service department, gaining experience in marketing and public relations.

“The semester just started and I’ve already done so much, from following up with businesses to make sure our message is getting to them, to learning how to make pitches to the media,” says Cuffie.

“This opportunity gives me hands-on experience and confidence that I will use after graduation to pursue my career in PR and marketing, and allows me to be involved in the community process,” says Smith.

“Having a background of working for an entire city from a marketing aspect and dealing with different types of events will prepare me for the workforce,” adds Noble. “I’m excited for this opportunity, and can’t wait to continue learning from it.”

All three students say they plan to launch careers in marketing or event planning after graduation.

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”