Class of 2014 Profile: Alisha Deary Called to Fortune 500 Company

04.29.2014

Name: Alisha Deary

Major: Deary graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration on May 3, with minors in both Marketing and Human Relations.

Post-graduation plans: Deary accepted a position as an assistant sales consultant at Oracle’s Primavera Global Business Unit in northern Virginia.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has gone above and beyond to provide me with all the tools I needed to be successful over the past four years.  These tools included tutors for all classes; professors that were always available; comfortable and well-equipped study areas; and a supportive Career Services department.  Overall, the holistic environment at High Point University helped prepare me in the best possible way for my future career, teaching me to use my resources to my advantage and utilizing team members for collaboration.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “This year, I joined the competitive Selling Club per the advice of Prof. Larry Quinn.  Through Prof. Quinn’s influence, I competed at the RBI National Sales Competition, where I learned about the sales process and how to network and sell my own competencies to potential employers. This was, in fact, where I formed my first connection with Oracle’s Primavera Global Business Unit. My participation in the Sales Club was also a huge determining factor in my offer and a frequent topic of conversation among my interviews with Oracle. Prof. Quinn’s willingness to work with me in his free time, including two hours on a Sunday, to help with a presentation and software demo was beyond extraordinary.”

08

22

HPU students Taylor Agapite and Jessie Hull hand out candy to trick-or-treaters from the Boys and Girls Club of Greater High Point.
HPU Students Host Trick-or-Treating Event for Local Children
Chander Whicker WBTV
Senior Interns With WBTV 3 News
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race