Class of 2014 Profile: Alisha Deary Called to Fortune 500 Company

Posted on April 29, 2014.

Name: Alisha Deary

Major: Deary graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration on May 3, with minors in both Marketing and Human Relations.

Post-graduation plans: Deary accepted a position as an assistant sales consultant at Oracle’s Primavera Global Business Unit in northern Virginia.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU has gone above and beyond to provide me with all the tools I needed to be successful over the past four years.  These tools included tutors for all classes; professors that were always available; comfortable and well-equipped study areas; and a supportive Career Services department.  Overall, the holistic environment at High Point University helped prepare me in the best possible way for my future career, teaching me to use my resources to my advantage and utilizing team members for collaboration.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “This year, I joined the competitive Selling Club per the advice of Prof. Larry Quinn.  Through Prof. Quinn’s influence, I competed at the RBI National Sales Competition, where I learned about the sales process and how to network and sell my own competencies to potential employers. This was, in fact, where I formed my first connection with Oracle’s Primavera Global Business Unit. My participation in the Sales Club was also a huge determining factor in my offer and a frequent topic of conversation among my interviews with Oracle. Prof. Quinn’s willingness to work with me in his free time, including two hours on a Sunday, to help with a presentation and software demo was beyond extraordinary.”

22

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”