Class of 2014 Profile: Janae Werdlow Teaches English in Latin America

Posted on April 28, 2014.

Name: Janae Werdlow

Major: Werdlow graduated with a B.A. in Entrepreneurship and Business Administration on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Werdlow will be joining the Peace Corps and traveling to Costa Rica, Panama or Nicaragua and teaching Latin American children to speak English. Werdlow’s ultimate goal is to be a social entrepreneur and build a community center that provides after school care and classes to increase literacy and the desire to learn. She will be in Latin America for 27 months total, and is estimated to leave in late June.

How HPU helped you get there: “I’m so thankful to the HPU community for reinforcing the importance of determination and giving back that my family instilled in me. In this way HPU has prepared me for everything and anything my future holds.”

Most impactful moment from HPU: “The most meaningful moment at HPU has been coming to the realization that I have so much support in my HPU family. No matter what I was doing, trying or thinking of I had endless support from the entire HPU body. These moments taught me that the answer will always be ‘no’ if you never ask, and that the glass ceiling in life doesn’t exist.”

22

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline

HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”
HPU Holiday Choral Concert
Choirs to Perform Popular Holiday Concert