Class of 2014 Profile: Colleen Quinn Follows Her Dream to Dental School

05.7.2014

Name: Colleen Quinn

Major: Quinn graduated with a B.S. in Biology on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Quinn will be attending dental school at The University of Maryland in Baltimore.

How HPU helped you get there: “The entire Biology department has been so great throughout all four years at HPU. I couldn’t have done it without each of my teachers who strengthened my love for biology and really made class time an enjoyable experience. They prepared me so well for the Dental Admissions Test, wrote awesome recommendation letters, and encouraged me every step of the way! I really thrived in the small classroom setting where I was able to build relationships with the faculty and my classmates, which I attribute a lot of my success to.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Since Freshman year, I’ve had the opportunity to take four different classes with Dr. Dinene Crater and she’s been the greatest professor and mentor I could have asked for. I am also extremely appreciative of Dr. Kelli Sapp who helped me through the entire application and interview process for dental school.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Looking back at my four years at High Point, it’s hard to pinpoint a specific moment, but it is really amazing to see how HPU has shaped who I am in so many different ways. I’ve made the best friends, learned more than I could have imagined, and was even the president of the Panhellenic Council, which is something I had never dreamed I would do!”

08

22

HPU students Taylor Agapite and Jessie Hull hand out candy to trick-or-treaters from the Boys and Girls Club of Greater High Point.
HPU Students Host Trick-or-Treating Event for Local Children
Chander Whicker WBTV
Senior Interns With WBTV 3 News
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: NC Voters See Economy, Bipartisanship as Key Issues in NC Senate Race