Class of 2014 Profile: Catie Drury Markets Major Companies

Posted on May 14, 2014.

Name: Catherine (Catie) Drury

Major: Drury graduated with a B.A. in Communication on May 3, with a concentration in Electronic Media Production.

Post-graduation plans: Drury accepted a Marketing Coordinator position at Wildfire, LLC in Winston Salem. The company’s client list includes Nabisco, Volvo, Oreo, Lowe’s, BB&T, Champion and many other household-name brands. 

How HPU helped me get there: “This past semester, I had an internship with Wildfire in Winston Salem. I used this internship not only for credit but, for experience. With the help of the Qubein School of Communication, I was able to use the tools they provided me with to set goals and objectives to help me succeed.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “One teacher that has had such a positive impact on my education is Dr. Yan Yang. I had Media History and Development as well as Video Journalism with her. She is an excellent professor. I learned how to record a news cast and edit it to create a package. She is a great storyteller and has added true value to my education.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “This past semester, I had the opportunity to take the President’s Seminar. This class taught everything from how to budget your life to expecting nothing but excellence from yourself. One of the most impactful moments I had at HPU was when President Qubein told the class that we have the opportunity to take our future wherever we envision. He is such a positive and influential mentor. As a nervous senior, it was very comforting to hear him tell us that we have to the possibility to go anywhere our mind takes us.”

Mar
    16
    3.16

Regular Decision Deadline
    Apr
    02

Spring Open House

Sarah Patterson
Student Studies Stereotypes of Women in 17th Century Literature
HPU Poll Logo_vertical
HPU Poll: Positive Ratings for Clintons and G. W. Bush in NC; Most Potential 201…
The Drowsy Chaperone
Theatre, Music Departments to Present “The Drowsy Chaperone”