Class of 2014 Profile: Christian Weigandt Marks His Career Start with MathWorks

Posted on May 6, 2014.

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2014:

Name: Christian Weigandt

Major: Weigandt graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science on May 3, with a minor in Mathematics.

Post-graduation plans: Weigandt accepted an Associate Software Analyst position at The MathWorks, Inc., the world’s leading developer of technical computing software for engineers and scientists in industry, government and education.

How HPU helped you get there:  “The professors in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science helped me to push myself and grow in my knowledge.  They constantly guided me and taught me to be more confident in myself.”

Read about an an educational iPad app that Christian helped create at HPU here.

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Mr. Roger Shore was always willing to take long trips to conferences or to stay up late working on projects with us. My most memorable moment was having Mr. Shore stay up with us all night to finish working on an iPad application to be used as a buzzer system for a mathematics jeopardy competition we were hosting for local high schools the next evening.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant