Class of 2014 Profile: Emily Guffey Selected by Red Ventures

Posted on May 20, 2014.

Name: Emily Guffey

Major: Guffey graduated with a B.A. in Human Relations on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Guffey accepted a position at Red Ventures in Charlotte, N.C. as a Sales Consultant, where she will receive inbound calls, talk to prospective customers and close deals. Red Ventures is a company that has grown from a basement start-up to a nationally recognized marketing and sales powerhouse for some of the largest brands across North America.

How HPU helped you get there: “I think High Point University gave me many tools in order for me to become successful. The confidence and communication skills I have obtained, along with classroom knowledge, has prepared me for this career.”

Most impactful professorat HPU: “My most impactful professor has been Dr. Pat Haun. I remember being a freshman and terrified of speaking in front of others. He made sure to help me through that anxiety and that has grown into a confidence that has benefited me immensely. For four years having him as a professor and advisor, he has given me all the guidance and support I could ever need.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU has been each of the Senior Seminars with Dr. Qubein. I referenced material he shared with us many times while applying to jobs and attending interviews. Dr. Qubein has taught us so many things, but most importantly how to be successful.”

Community members enjoy a carriage ride drawn by Clydesdale horses during the first night of High Point University’s fourth annual Community Christmas.
Thousands Enjoy HPU’s 4th Annual Community Christmas
This photo features faculty and staff from the Nido R. Qubein School of Communication with gifts donated for five families from the Hattie Lee Burgess home.
Qubein School of Communication Provides Christmas for Five Families
Norcross Gaduate School
Norcross Graduate School to Host Open House