Class of 2014 Profile: Kate Hensley Oversees Chamber of Commerce Communications

05.29.2014

Name: Kate Hensley

Major: Hensley graduated with two degrees in Strategic Communication and Graphic Design on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Hensley accepted a position as the Communications Manager for the Southeast Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.

How HPU helped you get there: “HPU helped me in so many ways. I was able to grow in an environment that pushed me to be a better student and person each and every day. I met lifelong friends that inspired and encouraged me through hard times. I interacted with teachers that truly cared about me and wanted to see me succeed.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “The professor that impacted me the most was Professor Watson and his Campaigns class. I don’t know if I would’ve been able to get this wonderful job without that class. I’m literally being able to use what we practiced in a real-world experience, and that is invaluable.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “My most impactful moment at HPU was planning and executing Corrie’s Riff Off, a state-wide college a cappella competition. Groups from Appalachian State, UNC-Chapel Hill and High Point competed to win a recording session with The Vocal Company. HPU gave me the courage and confidence to create this event. With the help of my amazing friends, we worked together to sell out the Hayworth Fine Arts Center and raise over $5,000 for a very deserving family to help pay for hospital bills. This event showed me how much a few people can do to impact someone’s life. This event would not have been possible without everything I learned at High Point.”

08

22

Anne Davey NC Republican Party
Junior Interns with NC Republican Party
Briayna Cuffie at GCDP
Students Gain Experience at Guilford County Democratic Party
Pre-Law students at supreme court
Students Attend, Learn From Supreme Court Hearing