Class of 2014 Profile: Laura May Leads Nonprofit as Executive Director

05.30.2014

Name: Laura May

Major: May graduated with a B.A. in Nonprofit Management and Leadership, with minors in Human Relations and Entrepreneurship, on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: May accepted a position as the Executive Director of Friends in Action, a nonprofit in Greensboro. The organization prepares and mobilizes today’s youth to serve with compassion and to lead with courage.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University provided me with educators who were truly invested in my goals and did everything they could to prepare me to get there.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “Dr. Pamela Palmer has been my role model throughout my four years at High Point. She encouraged me to network with community leaders, pursue my dreams and to never aim too low.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The moment that had the greatest impact on me was during my junior year when presenting my Senior Seminar. Dr. Pamela Palmer presented me with Junior of Year within the Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program. I never realized how much I had truly accomplished during my years here, but when she listed off my accomplishments, I realized that I had the potential to be an asset to the community, and that I had definitely been an asset to the program at HPU.”

Sep
      20

13

Jason Allen
    Cardiovascular Health Expert to Speak at HPU
    Parker Ramsey
    Freshman Profile: A Global Perspective
    Center for Student Success
    HPU Raises $35.1 Million Without Formal Campaign in Fiscal 13-14