Class of 2014 Profile: Molly Shore Called to Camp Ministry

Posted on May 9, 2014.

Name: Molly Shore

Major: Shore graduated with a B.A. in Computer Science on May 3, with a minor in Music.

Post-graduation plans: Shore will be attending Wheaton College in Wheaton, Ill., to pursue a master’s degree in Christian Formation and Ministry, with a concentration in Outdoor Adventure Leadership. Afterwards, she may pursue a Ph.D. in Nonprofit Administration or Leadership.

How HPU helped you get there: “My time at HPU has helped me grow in so many ways. Every single class I took helped shape me into who I am now. Through my classes and professors I have gained knowledge in many different areas. I have been given the tools to succeed in life. I have built relationships and received encouragement and inspiration. I have learned how to work through difficulties and how to rejoice in success. HPU has prepared me not just for a job, but to live life fully.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “It is hard to choose just one impactful professor. I have been amazed at how all of my professors care about each of their students, not just for their success in life but for them as a person. Being that I sung in choir all four years here, Dr. Marc Foster had a great impact on my life. He is incredibly passionate about the power of music and cares for every single one of his students. He always encouraged us to find what we are passionate about and pursue that; because if you are doing what you love, money won’t matter. That is why I am going on to graduate school pursuing a degree in camp ministry. I am passionate about the power of camp to change lives.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “Just like impactful professors, there have been many impactful moments that I have had here at HPU. Getting to sing with the HPU choirs at Carnegie Hall was one moment that particularly stands out to me. It is truly an extraordinary experience to be part of something bigger than you that is doing amazing things. I was so honored to be a part of the HPU Department of Music at that moment, as well as the rest of the past four years.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant