Class of 2014 Profile: Morgan Falls Masters Public Policy

Posted on May 28, 2014.

Name: Morgan Falls

Major: Falls graduated with three degrees in Spanish, Nonprofit Leadership and Management, and International Relations on May 3.

Post-graduation plans: Falls will be attending the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy at the University of Virginia this fall for her master’s in Public Policy.

How HPU helped you get there: “At HPU, I had the opportunity to explore my interests beyond the classroom. I went to Guatemala for an alternative fall break, and I returned for a Maymester. While studying for a semester abroad in Ecuador, I completed an internship with an NGO in Quito. With the support of my advisors, I was able to graduate with three majors. This allowed me to recognize my interest in exploring public policy at various levels, which is what I hope to do through the MPP program at UVA.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “The two most influential professors were my advisors, Dr. Claudia Femenías and Dr. Pamela Palmer. They encouraged me as a student and as a young adult. They supported me throughout internships and study abroad experiences, and they were readily available whenever I asked for help.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “One of the most impactful moments for me at HPU was making the decision to study abroad in Ecuador. I knew I wanted a language-intensive program, but I doubted my own capabilities. That is, until Dr. Femenías spoke with me. She told me that I had the knowledge and capacity to spend a semester in Ecuador, but that it would be up to me to actually take the steps to get there and to make the most of my experience. She was right, so that’s just what I did. Hopefully I can take that mindset forward.”

Lessons and Carols
HPU Invites Community to Annual ‘Lessons and Carols’ Candlelight Ser…
November Extraordinary Leaders
November’s Extraordinary Leaders Go the Extra Mile
Mollie McKinley
Sophomore Receives Prestigious Grant