Class of 2014 Profile: Ryan Geary Gears Up for Disney

Posted on May 8, 2014.

With a successful 2014 Commencement Ceremony behind us, recent High Point University graduates are preparing to commence prestigious career paths around the world at Fortune 500 companies, international service programs, public school systems, top-tier law, medical and graduate school programs, and many other esteemed organizations thanks to their journey at HPU. Here’s a glimpse of one extraordinary graduate from the Class of 2014:

Name: Ryan Geary

Major: Geary graduated with a B.A. in Communications on May 3, with a concentration in Electronic Media and a minor in Graphic Design.

Post-graduation plans: Geary accepted a position with The Walt Disney Company beginning as a Disney Gift Cards Services Projects Professional intern in Orlando, Fla. He will be managing gift card accounts for all aspects of the company as well as helping them to develop a mobile application.

How HPU helped you get there: “High Point University has prepared me in a professional environment to take on the challenges of the business world. The Office of Career and Internship Services helped me shape my resume and determine which career paths were best for me and what I’ve learned at this university. I am excited to showcase the values HPU has taught me in a company that is known internationally.”

Most impactful professor at HPU: “My senior production media professor, Steve Alberts, challenged me and taught me the importance of deadlines and the level of professionalism expected of me in my career. In his class, I created numerous media projects with fellow classmates, which prepared me for future group projects in the corporate world where I will collaborate with my colleagues.”

Most impactful moment at HPU: “The President’s seminar for seniors with Dr. Nido Qubein this semester has prepared me with more knowledge about my future career and professional relationships than I could ever hope for. I took his seminar my freshman year, and taking the senior seminar to end to my academic career just enforced the ideals set forth by both Dr. Qubein and this inspiring university.”

HPU Community Christmas 2014 1
Record 14,000 Attend HPU’s Community Christmas
Cara Sinicropi
Meet the Seniors: English Major Turns Internship into Professional Career
Roberts Hall
Sigma Nu Joins Greek Life Community